Video: How to Write a Custom Parallel Program in SAS Viya
My 2020 SAS Global Forum paper was about how to write custom parallel programs by using the iml action in SAS Viya 3.5. My conference presentation was canceled because of the coronavirus pandemic, but I recently recorded a 15-minute video that summarizes the main ideas in the paper.
One of the reasons I enjoy attending conferences is to obtain a high-level "mental roadmap" of a topic that I can leverage if I decide to study the details. Hopefully, this video will provide you with a roadmap of the iml action and its capabilities.
If your browser does not support embedded video, you can go directly to the video on YouTube.
The video introduces a few topics that I have written about in more detail:
- An introduction to the iml action in SAS Viya.
- A Getting Started example.
- How to use the iml action to read CAS tables and write CAS tables.
- The MAPREDUCE function, which enables you to distribute a computation across threads and nodes.
- The PARTASKS function, which enables you to distribute multiple independent computations across threads and nodes.
- The SCORE function, which enables you to evaluate a function in parallel on every row of a CAS table.
For more details you can read the paper: Wicklin and Banadaki, 2020, "Write Custom Parallel Programs by Using the iml Action."
The post Video: How to Write a Custom Parallel Program in SAS Viya appeared first on The DO Loop.