Additional statistical capabilities in the containerized deployment of SAS Analytics Pro
In a September 10 post on the SAS Users blog, we announced that SAS Analytics Pro is now available for on-site or containerized cloud-native deployment. For our thousands of SAS Analytics Pro customers, this provides an entry point into SAS Viya.
SAS Analytics Pro consists of three core elements of the SAS system: Base SAS®, SAS/GRAPH® and SAS/STAT®. The containerized deployment option adds the full selection of SAS/ACCESS engines making it even easier to work with data from virtually any source.
Even better, the containerized deployment option now adds new statistical capabilities that are not available in SAS/STAT on SAS9. Thanks to SAS Viya’s continuous delivery approach, we are able to provide this additional functionality so soon after the initial release.
Below are highlights of these additional capabilities (you can find more details by following the links):
Causal Inference Procedures
- Carry out causal mediation analysis of time-to-event data (either by Cox proportion hazard model or accelerated failure time model) in PROC CAUSALMED.
- Use new causal effect identification methods, import and export models in PROC CAUSALGRAPH.
- PROC CAUSALGRAPH also supports expanded grammar options and the PATHDIAGRAM statement outputs graphical path diagrams.
Bayesian Analysis Procedures
- Model multinomial data with cumulative probit, cumulative logit, generalized link, or other link functions in PROC BGLIMM.
- Specify fixed scale values in a generalized linear mixed-effects model, and use an improved CMPTMODEL statement in PROC MCMC and PROC NLMIXED to fit compartment models.
- Compute new design-adjusted confidence limits for proportions in PROC SURVEYFREQ.
- Use new random assignments options in PROC SURVEYSELECT.
- Request new confidence limits, such as the Agresti-Coul limits in PROC FREQ.
- The new MARGINS statement in PROC GLIMMIX computes predictive margins of fixed effects.
- The Fast Quantile Profess Regression solver improves performance in PROC QUANTREG. For complete information on all new statistical features that the containerized Analytics Pro provides, see the SAS/STAT documentation.
For those SAS customers already on SAS Viya, or those considering the move, SAS Analytics Pro provides one more example of the new powers you will enjoy!
Additional statistical capabilities in the containerized deployment of SAS Analytics Pro was published on SAS Users.