SAS recently announced the availability of the third maintenance release for SAS 9.2. Maintenance releases are cumulative, so when you apply the third maintenance release, your software will be updated to the current releaseeven if you skipped the previous releases.
But you’re probably wondering how you can find the information that you need to determine how a maintenance release affects your site.
The Maintenance Release Announcement contains the latest information about the SAS maintenance releases. From support.sas.com, click Do I need maintenance? in the right navigation pane.
For each maintenance release, the Maintenance Release Announcement contains the following information:
- highlights of the current maintenance release.
Highlights from the third maintenance release include the ability to change the host names (including network domains) or server machines in your deployment, performance improvements in SAS/ACCESS software, and the availability of SAS Scoring Accelerator for Netezza and the SAS/GRAPH ODS Graphics Designer.
- instructions on how you can assess your current deployment. The Maintenance Release Announcement guides you through this assessment and helps you locate the following information:
- the products that you currently have deployed at your site.
- any new features and enhancements for those products that are part of the current maintenance release.
- steps that you need to take to apply the maintenance release at your site. By using the Maintenance Planning document, you can create a custom checklist that helps you prepare, install, and configure the maintenance release.
In the third maintenance release, SAS improved the process for installing and configuring a maintenance release. Therefore, there are separate Maintenance Planning documents for the second maintenance release (identified by Technical Support Number TS2M2) and the third maintenance release (TS2M3).
Don’t let these numbers confuse you. The Maintenance Planning documentation explains these product numbers and how you can find the right information for your site.